AJEV is a non-profit business association created in 1985 whose main mission is to Support Young entrepreneurs to develop their start-up/business projects. AJEV main activities deal with:
- support and Development of new business initiatives to entrepreneurs;
- support an advice in the implementation of projects on entrepreneurship and its subsequent development;
- collective defense and promotion of trade relations among its partners to drive its growth and consolidation;
- specialized training through various programmes and courses, management of grants and projects;
- organization of events, workshops, Forums and recreational activity programs, training and information;
- participation and coordination of projects in the field of R&D, innovation, training, social employment etc;
- AJEV at presents has more than 200 formal associated enterprises, although their database reaches more than 1000 companies.
AJEV, as Regional Entity of Young Entrepreneurs has been awarded several regional projects related to business support. At national level AJEV is leading a project, called CON-TIC-GO to boost entrepreneurship in women, financed under the Avanza2 program to Ministry of Industry.
At EU level AJEV took part in the URBACT Project “My Generation” (2009-2011) with the Valencia Council town, a project addressed to boost the potential of youth. Also AJEV took part in the “Molt Project” with the Sagunto Council town, sit in Valencia, an EQUAL initiative addressed to improve the access to the labour market specially of women.
In this moment AJEV is expecting the European request about a PROGRESS project, whose leader is the Valencia regional government, which objective is establish a partnership to set up a Youth Guarantee Scheme in Valencia Region- Spain. Furthermore, AJEV is expecting the European request about a LEONARDO project, this project is an environment in which entrepreneurship is supported and promoted by a team of key actors playing vital roles as training providers, inspirational models, mentors, possible investors, network facilitators and other feeders
AJEV belongs to the PIDI network, a national network of entities providing support on R&D funding. Since 2011, AJEV has set up several collaborations with entities dealing with financing, such as ENISA (National Company of Innovation) CVBAN (Regional Business Angels) Microbank La Caixa or the Valencian Institute of Finances.
The office “Valencia por el Emprendedor” managed by AJEV for the Valencia Council town, has provided support to 1500 entrepreneurs and has collaborated in the creation of 450 companies since 2005.